Early Years Practitioner
Early Years Practitioner
See advert for details
Permanent contract: commencing as soon as possible
Up to 40 hours per week, over 4 or 5 days.
Nursery hours are 7.45am to 6.00pm (52 week per year contract)
If Level 3 qualified: salary up to £22,215 pa (£11.51 per hour)
If Level 2 or non-qualified: salary up to £21,133 pa (£10.95 per hour)
£500 bonus payment after completion of one year in role
Are you that special person who would love to make a difference in children's care and education?
· Do you have a talent for being curious and creative?
· Are you interested in a “five-a-day” of singing and stories, not just fruit and veg?
· Could you be the one to support our children to learn and thrive?
· Are you looking for a fast-paced role, in which no two days are the same?
· Could you cope with days full of gorgeous little smiles and fun?
Rotherly, the Westgate Nursery is looking for another exceptional qualified person to join our team. Call us on 01962 854757 to arrange a chat and a visit to our special setting.
We would love to hear from anyone who has the following talents:
· Excellent communication skills
· Cheerful, flexible and approachable
· Has patience and imagination
· Uses initiative and works well within a team
· Is fun and caring
· Ideally Level 2 or Level 3 NVQ childcare qualified
· English and Maths GCSE Grade 4 or equivalent
Rotherly is hiring! We adore working with these little ones, their wonderful families and a lovely team of colleagues. Our nursery is modern, purpose-built setting with lots of outdoor space. Call us for a chat and a visit to our setting.
We can offer
· A working pattern of up to 40 hours per week; part-time can be accommodated
· 24 days paid leave, increasing to 27 days after 5 years, as well as Bank/Public holidays
· Occupational sick pay
· Generous employer contribution pension scheme (18%)
· Free on-site gym
· Reduced rate for childcare costs within our nursery
· Teacher-led professional development
· Discount scheme; variety of discounts on retail outlets, day trips, insurance
· Optical care up to £60 per year
· Welcome bonus of £500 after 1 year
· Preferential admission to The Westgate School for children (terms & conditions apply)
· Enhanced parental leave (maternity, paternity, adoption)
· Up to three days compassionate leave
· Access to 24-7 Employee Support Line
· Free on-site parking
If you require any further assistance, please email email@example.com
The Westgate School is situated in an easily accessible area of Winchester, close to the railway station.
"The Westgate School is a happy and vibrant community, where pupils are encouraged to aim for excellence"
(Ofsted, September 2022)
Safeguarding statement: The Westgate School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
Pre-employment checks: All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks, which will include an online search in order to identify any incidents or issues that have happened and are publicly available online, in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 recommendations.
Equal opportunities: In order to combat discrimination, no unnecessary conditions or requirements will be applied which could have a disproportionately adverse effect on any one group. All sections of the population will have equal access to jobs. No applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership and pregnancy or maternity, unless a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) applies.